Tip & How-To about 2000 Toyota Corolla
The Car uses an alternator to run electricaldevices in your vehicle while the engine is running.The alternator assemblyhelps the voltage regulator to to maintain the steady voltage.
1) Before buying new alternator ,first of all determine which alternator your car needs.Car models made from 1966 to 1970 have a 1.1 L or 1.2 L engine. Models from 1970 to 1978 have a 1.2 L, 1.4 L or 1.6 L engine. Models from 1979 to 1987 have 1.3 L, 1.6 L or 1.8 L diesel engine. Models 1988 to 1992 options include a 1.3 L, 1.5 L, 1.6 L or 2.0 L diesel engine. Models made from 1993 to 1997 also offer a 1.8 L engine. Models from 1998 to 2005 in the United States were available only with a 1.8 L engine. So before buying for new alternator check out this details.
2) The latest Toyota Corolla 2006 has 1.5 L, 1.8 L or 2.4 L engine.
3) After getting the exact alternator for your Toyota car engine. Follow this instructions to replace the alternator in car.
4) First of all disconnect the negative battery cable with a socket wrench. There is a gravel shield blocking the alternator. You will have to remove the gravel shield to access the alternator.The alternator is located under the car.
5) Then you will have to remove the battery terminal wire.to remove the battery terminal wire you will have to remove the electrical connector and loosen the nut on the alternator terminal with a socket wrench. And this will allow you to remove the battery terminal wire.
6) Now you can remove the alternator.to remove the alternator.you will have to remove the drive belt. For that you will have to loosen the two mounting bolts on the alternator with the help of socket wrench and this will help to take the alternator off the vehicle.
7) Now to install the new alternator assembly. You will require the torque wrench to tighten bolt .There are two bolts one is smaller and other is larger.Connect the smaller mounting to 18 foot-lb and the larger mounting to 40 foot-lb.
8) Then carefully connect the electrical harness and battery terminal wire to the alternator and tighten the retaining nut to the alternator terminal with a socket wrench. Install the gravel shield which you removed while removing the old alternator. Reconnect the negative battery cable with a socket wrench.
The above instructions will help you to replace your cars alternator.
Posted by charlymont... on
Oct 01, 2014 | 2003 Saturn ION
Dec 26, 2011 | 2002 Lexus RX 300
Jul 19, 2011 | 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport 4WD
Feb 07, 2011 | 2000 Hyundai Accent
Jul 22, 2010 | 2005 Nissan Altima
3,705 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!