Tip & How-To about Honda Civic
I love cars and i know you do too. We make our cars beautiful, fast and reliable because it represents us. Some of the car modifiers makes their cars/trucks very high because thats what they want and we cant do nothing bout that because its their choice and Some loves their cars very low, extremely low and as i said, its their choice and thats what makes them happy. THAT MAKES ME HAPPY. im a low rider myself and i dont spend too much on buying some after market suspensions, i know lot of people buys lowering springs, coil overs, adjustables, etc. just to make their cars low but im a smart spender myself. so i do some looking good ride on a low cost. So here's what i do for making my car low without buying expensive stuffs.
1. get your jacks ready.
2. remember to pull the hand brakes for you are bout to lift a car
3 make sure that the car is in a flat surface
4. loosen the nut of the wheels a little but dont remove it yet
5. start jacking the car to the height that you can have enough space
to pull the wheels
6. let loose of the nuts and pull the wheels after jacking it
7. loosen the nut of the shock absorbers but dont remove it yet
8. loosen the 3 small nuts but dont remove it yet
9. loosen the 2 big bolts that holds the shocks and suspension
10. now you can let loose of the 3 small nuts underneath the hood
11. pull the shocks outside for you are bout to remove the spring
12. use a tensioner or steel wires to hold the string
13. remember to tie the strings tightly for it has a big force
14. once tighten remove the shock absorbers
15. separate the springs from the shock absorbers
16. cut the upper part of the spring for bout 2 inches or on how low do you
17. take your shock absorber to a machine shop near you and have it cut
to 2 inches and re thread it
18. then you can put the shocks together again
19. install your tricked shocks and see the difference and feel the savings
NOTE: i advised to cut and re thread the shock absorbers so that it can perform well even its low.
Posted by dj... on
Apr 06, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 08, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 21, 2012 | 2000 Dodge Durango
Feb 13, 2010 | 1990 Acura Legend
807 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!