Tip & How-To about Ford Focus
What you will need:-
1.Phillips Screw Driver
2.Depending on what stereo system you have, stereo removal keys.
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
Climate Control Assembly/heater control unit/
1. Standard preparatory measures
Make a note of the radio keycode.
Make a note of the preset radio stations.
Disconnect the battery negative lead.
2. Remove the radio.
3. Note:The control unit for the heating/air conditioning system, all operating knobs and the air distribution operating switch make up one assembly.
Remove the bezel/control unit.
1 Remove the screws on the top of the unit
2 Unclip the clips either side of the unit
Pull the bezel/unit forwards.
Disconnect the plug.
4. Unclip the air distribution shaft.
5. Remove the heater/air conditioning module and the fan operating switch.
1. Refit the components in the reverse order.
2. Install the radio.
3. Connect the battery ground lead.
Enter the radio keycode.
Reprogramme the preset radio stations.
Reset the clock.
Carry out a road test to enable the PCM to collect data.
4. Check that the heater/air conditioning operates properly.
Posted by ballingerd... on
Jan 01, 2012 | 1998 Ford Crown Victoria
Feb 16, 2010 | 1996 Ford Thunderbird LX
Jan 01, 2010 | 2007 Ford F
Feb 21, 2009 | 2004 Ford Freestar