Tip & How-To about Audi A4
The specific location of the sender is on back of cylinder-head near by vacuum-fuel double pump. There is an assurance clip and a rubber sealing O-ring. Heed of antifreeze solution temperature!!!
Before you try to change the sender you must be sure that the sender is out of order. First you must check the thermostat operating. Thermostat checking:
1. Cold engine. Start up the engine and watch of the water temp indicator. After first value 60 Celsius Degree you still warm up the engine until the lifter (pointer) reach 80 C deg. (second mark after 60 C deg.). At this time you let engine running at idle speed and check with your hand the thermostat plastic housing and hose temperature in bottom left side of the engine. Heed of alternator driving belt and ventilator fan !!!
2. If the thermostat is good the hose must be cold until the water temp indicator reach almost 90 C deg.
3. The thermostat opening temperature is 87 C deg.
4. If the hose is already warm the thermostat is out of order.
5. If the thermostat and the temp sender are OK the last piece out of order will be the instrument cluster.
Posted by TDISLine on
Oct 29, 2010 | 1999 Chevrolet Malibu
Sep 13, 2010 | 2002 GMC Yukon Denali
Oct 25, 2009 | 2002 GMC Sierra 1500
Jun 04, 2009 | 1995 Volvo 940
Oct 10, 2008 | 2000 Audi A4
1,311 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!