In this Tip I am going to set out the exact procedure you need to carry out in order to reset the service indicator on your BMW X5.
This is very useful information if you are doing your own servicing or having your vehicle serviced by an independant mechanic who may not have the specific service reset procedure for your vehicle. In this case you can reset the service indicator yourself by following these steps:
- Get in the car, close the door, buckle the seatbelt.
- Push in the clutch pedal and hold it to the floor
- Press the left hand dash button (the one that resets your odometer) and hold it down
- Put the ignition key in the key slot, and turn it gently (very gently) until the dashboard lights come on - the key will not click - if it clicks you've gone too far and you have to start again. Hold the key in this position. In five seconds or so, the dash will display "SIA" and some other characters. Do not proceed until this happens.
- Release the dash button (and only the dashboard button) and then press and hold it again. In another 5 seconds or so the display should begin to flash "RESET?" Do not proceed until this happens.
- Release the dash button and push it again to confirm. You won't need to hold it - the display should change immediately and your service indicator will display five green LED's.
If this Tip has helped - please reflect this with a rating using the buttons below.
Many thanks for using FixYa.