Tip & How-To about Audi Cars & Trucks
Activate Audi MMI 3G bluetooth connection and handsfree profile in your car. All Audis with Multi Media Interface 3rd generation are equipped with bluetooth, some just need activation which you can do for free, without adding any hardware.
Posted by mr-fix on
Adaptor set comprising 1x adaptor for iPod/iPhone and 1x adaptor for USB for the connection to the Audi Music Interface. The ipod adaptor cable provides power and intuitive control of the device through the MMI and multi-function steering wheel."
It will plug in to the glovebox, there is a connector in the back (although it should originally be in the centerconsole in some cars). Will cost you about 50 GBP or US$64.
If there is no AMI interface installed, you're out of luck and you will need to do the AMI retrofit, you will need these parts:
(1) 4L0 055 307 A - Media unit wiring harness
(1) WSK 014 720 - Installation instructions
(1) 4L0 864 981 E 6PS - Media compartment
(1) 4L0 864 515 A 6PS - Cover
(1) 4L0 898 283 - Spring set
(2) WHT 001 250 A - Plastic pins
(2) N 906 986 06 - Torx screw (for media housing)
(1) 4L0 863 269 4PK - Protective piece
(2) N 909 187 01 - Torx screw (for protective piece)
(1) 4E0 057 785 XX - AMI control unit
This will set you back about US$ 800, and about 5 hours work.
check this link for instructions how to install this:
Jan 16, 2013 | 2007 Audi Q7 3.6
Apr 14, 2010 | 2006 Audi A6
Nov 03, 2008 | 2006 Audi A6
1,283 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!