Tip & How-To about Cars & Trucks
Normally when the engine light comes on and stays on it's because the exhaust sensors are choked up/dirty. You can take them out heat up the tips then quickly immerse them( the tips) in cold water,this shocks the coating into falling off(do not scrub or wire brush it off). Or for a quick temporary fix you can disconnect the positive terminal of your battery for about 5/6 seconds or wait for the beeps to stop then reconnect. this will reset the computer and clear the fault codes. the result is the engine light comes on as normal when you switch on the ignition and go's out as normal when the engine starts running. works for 1 to 5 days..
Posted by viking500u... on
Jul 12, 2017 | 2004 Cadillac CTS
Feb 17, 2012 | 2000 Toyota 4Runner
Nov 01, 2011 | 1989 Jeep Cherokee
Jun 17, 2011 | 2001 Buick Regal
Nov 18, 2017 | Chrysler Sebring Cars & Trucks
146 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!